Saturday, July 26, 2008

[shuffling feet]

-if patroklos was a popstar? (A line from some writing that meant something once and means something else now)

& yet another attempt to indulge in a spot of grown-up blogging. Hopefully, this one won't be like those diaries I tried to keep as a youngster. There would be a flurry of activity. I would be obsessive in my writing for a month (or more, or less) and my interest would gradually wane. The only long-term commitment I've ever had to a diary has been my secure, not-open-to-the-public LiveJournal but that is a story for another time.

& I have half an idea that I'll blog about books I've read (except I have no time to read) or movies that I've seen (but I've an appalling taste in films) or music that I like. I may even write about writing (it's one of those things I pretend I don't do).

& it will be watch this space.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Linds, you have great taste in movies, what are you on about? And you've started blogging! Only losers blog.

take off that word verification thing, it puts people off commenting, and in my experience you don't really get many spam comments on blogspot anyway.

And yes, you probably did see me at the Manics. You don't recognise your old cousin these days? I was right up the front. weren't they just completely and utterly awesome?

Lindsey said...

Oh! It wasn't you I saw at the Manics, then, 'cause I was way down the back. You know, one of the last times I saw them live was with you in the Point and they were so awesome that I fainted during 'A Design For Life'. Ahhh, good times.

I'm still getting to grips with Blogger. I've tried it a few times over the years and never quite embraced but I shall try.

Darren said...

Best of luck with the bloggery!