Thursday, August 14, 2008

Time sort of got away from me there.

& aw, man. Where did those two-and-a-bit weeks go? I totally meant to blog, like, every other day. I've to ramble about 3 movies (one of which does include The Dark Knight, so my esteemed first cousin can stop mocking me now, OK?) and a play, but it's 12.30am and I have to work tomorrow.

& it sort of occurred to me today that I don't measure the time it takes to walk to work in actual minutes. I count it in songs. Currently, I listen to a particular playlist on my iPod (a playlist imaginatively entitled august oh-eight). I hit play when I leave my apartment and I get through Jon McLaughlin's Beating My Heart, Ryan Adams' Touch, Feel & Lose, REM's Near Wild Heaven, The Killers' When You Were Young and the first half of Leonard Cohen's Anthem. Well, I thought it was an interesting observation (and sometimes I want the journey to be longer so I can listen to more songs).

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I heard the Dark Knight seems pretty tame once you've seen Mamma Mia

Lindsey said...

ARE YOU GOING TO STOP MOCKING ME?

(How's Egypt?)

Andrew said...

Christ Linds, it's almost as if you've got more important things to do than blogging. Sheesh.
Anyway, i've tagged you for a meme over on my blog so you'd better do it.



and i've cracked under the pressure and am going to Mamma Mia tonight. For shame.